HOW TO INSTALL?
Please be sure you do all the items below, which must be completed before installing any WordPress theme.
- Choose a hosting company. Choose a hosting dedicated to WordPress hosting.
- Get your own domain. Hosting will help and guide how to set your new domain on your new server
- Install WordPress on your domain. This is the official WordPress tutorial for how to install WordPress, but most WordPress dedicated hostings will do this installation.
Requirements for WordPress
- Please check to be sure that the hosting you choose follows the minimum requirements to run WordPress.
- Make sure you have the latest WordPress version installed from WordPress
Requirements for theme
To use the Job Grand theme, the following requirements must be met by your hosting:
- WordPress 4.6+
- PHP 5.6+
- MySQL 5.6+
For older PHP versions, older than 5.5, there will be errors and the theme will not work at all. The APIs integrated cannot support such old PHP versions. It is in your benefit to use the newest PHP version as it comes with better speed results too. Please contact hosting to upgrade PHP as it’s a quick job too.
Minimum PHP Configuration Limits
- max_execution_time 800
- memory_limit 256M
- max_input_vars 2000
- post_max_size 50M or higher
- upload_max_filesize 50M or higher
- CURL PHP Extension (For Google Login)
How To check your hosting PHP Limits
Even if you make changes in wp-config.xml, it is possible the limits do not change because your server is limited from server settings.
On shared hosting, the limits will be managed from the server end in order to be able to accommodate hundreds/thousands of clients on the same machine. You may not be able to change these recommendations from PHP ini or wp-config.
HOW TO UPDATE?
Nothing stands still: the updates for WP and plugins are constantly released and they are included in our template. We supplement our theme with new features and fix all the issues. Because of this our theme regularly updates our theme. We recommend you to use always the last theme version to avoid the issues with incorrect template functioning. While the theme updates the theme files will be rewritten and if you made any changes directly in them, the changes will be lost.
So, if you are planning to customize your template, we insistently advise you to use Child Theme
The theme update affects only the theme files and does not influence the data base. But, to avoid any difficulties, please, do the backup of theme files and database before any update.
Follow the steps below to update the theme through FTP:
- Download the zipped package from ThemeForest and extract it to your desktop.
- In the extracted package you will find archive Job Grand_x.x.x.zip, which is the WordPress theme.
- Extract the zip file and upload only the extracted folder to /wp-content/themes/ folder on your server with overwriting.
Please, re-save your Job Grand options after upgrading the theme. Navigate to admin panel > Theme Options and hit Save changes.