Always check our update notifications.
Always backup the files and the database, in case something goes wrong with the server you could use the backup to revert to the previous state. For more information on how to backup check the official documentation.
Do not keep older copies of the theme inside WordPress themes folder. Reset the cache after you update
1. Update theme via FTP
- Place your site in maintenance mode, for this you could use a plugin (ex. Ultimate Maintenance Mode, WP Maintenance Mode, … )
- Go to “yoursite/wp-content/themes” folder location and backup your Inreality theme folder by saving it to your computer, or you can choose to simply delete it. Your content will not be lost but note that if you have modifications on the theme code they will be lost. You have to reapply them after the update is
- Connect to your FTP account using
- Inside Filezilla navigate to the WordPress theme directory “yoursite/wp-content/themes”.
- Retrieve the zip file from your recently ThemeForest download and extract the file to get the updated Inreality theme folder.
- Drag and drop the new Inreality theme folder into “yoursite/wp-content/themes” and overwrite the existing
2. Update the theme automatically
- Download the Envato WordPress toolkit from here: https://github.com/envato/envato- WordPress-toolkit
- Upload and activate the Envato WordPress toolkit plugin (.zip file that you downloaded).
- Get your new API key
- Go to Envato Toolkit Menu and add your ThemeForest Username and the API Key that you generated from your account in the required fields. Save your settings. If you have problems with the update check Skip Theme Backup checkbox.
- Update the theme.
- Choose Activate the theme.
3. Update the theme via WordPress
- Deactivate the current Inreality theme from the Appearance > Themes section by activating a different theme. Once you activate a different theme, delete the Inreality theme. Don’t worry, your content will not be
- Get the “zip” file from your new Themeforest download (Installable WordPress file only). If you downloaded the “All Files & Documentation” from Themeforest, then you need to unzip the archive file you received, the Inreality.zip will be inside it.
- Go to Appearance > Themes, choose Add New Theme, Upload the Inreality.zip” and click on the “Install Now”
- After your upload is finished choose Activate the theme.