There’s a lot on information on how to make your site work faster on the Internet. We are going to list certain general recommendations below, as well as recommendations on Nesos theme customization.
- It’s important to choose a nice hosting for your site. Cheap hosting usually isn’t the fastest one.WordPress, WooCommerce and our theme need resources. A very cheap host most likely won’t have them, and Nesos experience, as well as our support duty, will turn into a nightmare. We usually recommend WordPress hosting plans from MediaTemple to be used with our themes.
- You can use caching plugins. We recommend acquiring and activating one of such plugins after your site’s development is over. Most important ones are:W3 Total Cache
WP Super Cache
- You can optimize your images. Images usually are the “heaviest” part of your website and take the most time to load. Reduce your images’ initial sizes online or offline before uploading them to your site. These are some of the popular online services for image size reduction:http://tools.dynamicdrive.com/imageoptimizer/
http://www.punypng.com/These are some of the popular offline applications for image size reduction:For Windows: http://psydk.org/pngoptimizer
For Mac: https://imageoptim.com/
- You can optimize your database.T he essence of database optimization is deleting drafts, not used (deleted) elements, such as spam comments etc. from your database.T hese are some of the popular plugins for database optimization:https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-optimize/installation/
- You can minify your CSS and jsAfter your site’s development is over you can minify all your styles and scriptsOnline services for CSS:http://cssoptimiser.com/
- You can use Lazy Load libraryWith Lazy Load technology, the user is going to load only those images of your site which he sees in his browser window. Thus your site’s load speed will decrease.H ere’s the plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/bj-lazy-load/